The P1 hydraulic SRT clutch pedal will control the SRT gearbox, and can also be used alone for hydraulic feel. It is similar to the SRT P1 brake pedal. But instead of connecting the pedal to a brake caliper, it is connected to a slave cylinder that will lock or unlock the transmission.
You want to support this project ? https://www.paypal.me/leboisVR?locale.x=en
The hydraulic clutch pedal P1 is based on a master cylinder on which the pedal acts, connected by a hose to a slave cylinder. A hydraulic pressure sensor is placed on this system.
You can tune the lever position by adjusting the bearings position. There is a screw to add a preload on the master cylinder, so you can shorter the phase of the travel that is very soft. I use a hydraulic pressure sensor. It acts like a potentiometer. You got only three wires : red (3.3V or 5V), black (ground), green (signal). Regarding the support: – Wood version will use wood screws to fix the support to the ground. – M6 version will use M6 screws to fix the support to the ground. Here is the pictures of the brake pedal (v5.3) :
- Hydraulic pressure sensor 500psi 1/8″ NPT (Amazon, Aliexpress, Ebay).If you push EXTREMELY hard you might consider using a 1000 psi sensor. I never exceeded 60%.
- Cables 3cores 22awg (outer diameter is 4mm).
- Master cylinder : Willwood or OBP or Ali
- Slave cylinder : (lien Aliexpress)
- 1kg PLA (Amazon)
- 2 bearings KP001 12mm (Amazon, Aliexpress, Ebay) (Each SRT pedal requires two 12mm KP001)
- 1 M8 rod end for Ali master cylinder, or this one for the Willwood and OBP.
- 1 Banjo M10x1.25 with pressure sensor mount (13€) (goes between the slave cylinder and the pressure sensor).
- 1 Banjo UNF 3/8-24UNF (Aliexpress) that goes on the master cylinder.
- 1 27cm brake hose (Amazon, Aliexpress) or longer (90cm, 120cm) if you want to use it with the SRT gearbox (Aliexpress)
– 2 x M4x20mm Flat Head Countersunk and 2x m4 nuts (for the pedal plates, you can use 1 or 2 screws per plate… One is enough, but you can use two to be sure). This Amazon kit contains the two screws and many others that will be useful for other projects.
– 3 x M8x35 2 for the master cylinder, 1 for the M8 rod end. (Aliexpress)
How to choose the master cylinder ? A priori, there are many master cylinders compatible. The chinese model is the one that I have been using almost since the beginning, and it clearly does the job. Otherwise you can use other brands. Beside the dimensions, you need to mind foor numbers :
– Thread inlet : for the oil reservoir. If it’s not integrated, you need to find one.
- Thread outlet : This is where the banjo is installed, so it needs to match the banjo thread. The one advised above is 3/8″-24 UNF.
- Piston axle thread : it needs to be M8, because the rod is M8.
- Piston diameter : bigger = shorter stroke and harder resistance. The advised master cylinder is 0,7″.
1) Install the master cylinder in the master cylinder holder
- Use one M8x35mm bolt and M8 nut for each hole.
- The head of the lower bolt goes at the back.
2) Install the M8 rod end in the brake lever 3) Use one M8x35mm screw to secure the M8 rod end. It should tight into the plastic 4) Slide the M12 Axle into the brake lever 5) Slide the KP001 bearings to the M12 axle 6) Fix the KP001 bearings to the ground 7) Screw the master cylinder axle into the M8 rod. 8) Fix the master cylinder support to the ground. 9) Build the hydraulic system (to be continued soon)